Thursday, January 22, 2009

My misspent youth...

After dinner I always struggle with filling that last few minutes of the day. The kids still need to burn off a little energy, and I am, uh, over it. Lately, we have resorted to a little 80's dance party courtesy of XM. I crank it up and the kids bop around the family room. Sometimes we venture to the Hits station, but mostly we stick with the 80's. Often, I join in. I know all the words, and those are some good songs.

Ok, not really. I do join in, but the music? When I really listen to the lyrics... they're kind of dumb, and repetitive. No wonder my generation struggles to find meaning in the world! Sure there was some Morissey and The Cure, early REM for the truly cool. But Van Halen? Might as well jump... JUMP! Salt n Pepa? C'mon push it... push it real good. Bon Jovi? Ohhhhhhh, ohhh, livin' on a prayer...

Not saying too much.

I am thankful for one thing though. We weren't too big into the technology either. Otherwise there would be some utube footage lurking out there, of my gal pals and I dressed as Robert Palmer chicks...

No comments: