Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Extremes

So it's been pretty blustery here and yesterday, for the first time, I had serious doubts about hitting the road. It was, however, open play at the gymnastics studio and probably Little Guy's favorite part of the week. Lots of open space to run and jump, ropes to climb and swing from, giant pits of foam and trampolines. He needed it.

Okay, I needed it.

So I scraped the car, shoveled the sidewalk, and eased the mini-van onto the road. It was slushy, a little slippery on the turns, but safe enough for a ten minute drive. We just put new tires on the car and I can tell they make a big difference. I can't say that I've ever noticed my tires before now, so score one point for inclement weather.

This is it. I am in the thick of it, the worst of the weather. Today we had snow, then ice, followed by rain. Shoveling the driveway in the rain is the opposite of fun. Yesterday the plow came by like five times and this morning, once again, there was a boulder-sized chunk of ice in the driveway. I might have sworn at the plow driver.

I am going to really love spring this year.

No comments: