Friday, April 9, 2010

No sweat-er

Yesterday I was poking around a local consignment shop. Little Guy's highchair was packed, so we needed some kind of booster seat for our temporary apartment. I hit the jackpot and found a new one for just $3. After finding it, I had some time to kill before picking up Little Guy from preschool, so I started wandering around the store.

Then I stumbled on the sweaters.

Since we've been living in Phoenix for two years, and I spent the previous winter in Georgia pregnant, my winter clothes supply is pretty non-existent. I certainly don't have snow ready gear like parkas and snow boots, and I don't even have very many sweaters. But because it's Phoenix, the consignment store had all kinds of barely used sweaters, in mint condition, for $5 or less. I managed to pick up two before I had to go, one was a full length wrap dress for $3.50.

So along with the boxes of the kids toys and my spices, we'll be shipping a giant box of $5 sweaters when we leave. And with the money I'll save, I can set my sights on some really rockin' boots to go with them.

No comments: