Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Special delivery

So I'm not ready to let some strange guy touch my breasts, but I'm okay if he gives my bread a little squeeze.

I finally took the plunge and got my first grocery delivery today. It could be life changing. I despise grocery shopping. There always seems to be too much of everything and the process of choosing catsup or salad dressing, or even cereal is exhausting. This is especially true in the larger stores, and getting through a big shop with Little Guy these days is almost impossible. So I decided to do a large portion of my shopping online and have it delivered. Pasta, juice, milk, the stuff I buy every week will now arrive at my doorstep.

From the privacy and comfort of my own home, I browsed the aisles, read all of the ingredients, looked up my favorites, and made a permanent list that I can click on next week. I'll still shop my own meats and produce, stuff I want to touch, in person, but it should go so much faster. And the best part is, when I run out of something, I can add it to the list right away. This works great for stuff I don't buy often, like saran wrap.

There is a small fee, but I think I will save money in the end by avoiding the impulse buys and random crap the kids occasionally talk me into. Plus, I'll double up on non-perishables, so I'll get the most out of my delivery money. The only down side is that they package everything in those plastic grocery bags, so I'll have to find a way to recycle them.

I feel like I've uncovered some magic secret. Now if I could only wave my wand over the laundry...

No comments: