Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Working girl

So I recently got a little job. Sort of.

I am going to be writing blog posts and web content for my former store. It is in many ways the perfect job for me, since I know the business so very intimately. The gal I sold it to has spent the better part of this year working on developing an eCommerce site. I think it looks fantastic and it really conveys the essence of the in-store experience, something that isn't always easy to do.

Initially, I will be bartering for store credit. Though not a paying gig, it is a solid arrangement, and I have a feeling it is going to lead to bigger opportunities. We are still working out a few kinks with the look and feel and content, but things are starting to come together.

So now and then, be sure to visit me over here too. And if something strikes your fancy be sure to comment and then of course, throw my girlfriend a little business.

It's just a little job and even though my 9 to 5 is actually little more like 9 to 10, it still feels pretty great to be a working girl again.