Thursday, June 2, 2011

Twister

Yesterday Hubs called to say his mother called him to mention the tornado warnings near Boston. I poo-pooed the idea. We're from the south, so we know all about tornados. But up here?

Just this weekend I was joking with my neighbor about his weird basement trap door. It opens up from the ground like an underground bomb shelter. I had never seen it open before and told him that it was definitely where we'd hide if there was a tornado because he also keeps a tapped keg in the basement. He said that he felt pretty safe about his beer because there were rarely tornados.

Anyway, turns out my mother-in-law was right, there were tornados in Massachusetts, though not near us. What's up with this crazy weather? Makes me want to get all apocalyptic and stockpile the wine too.

1 comment:

Allison Kruskamp said...

If getting all apocalyptic, for you, means stockpiling wine...then go right ahead!