Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Milestones

Girlie lost her first tooth today. It was a tough road for her. Both of her big teeth grew in before the little ones fell out, so she has had the discomfort of an extra set of bottom front teeth for a few weeks. I made a dentist appointment to have them pulled, but miraculously, one popped out on its own before we had to go in. We were all so excited.



She snuggled into my lap as we marveled over how quickly it had gone from barely wiggling to its new resting spot in the tooth fairy box. As we discussed what the tooth fairy might bring, I rested my chin on the top of her head, inhaling that sweet but sweaty kid smell. I wanted to freeze her at that moment in time, one tiny tooth gone. She is really growing up so fast. As she gets older, my little girl will have so many "firsts" to experience, some she might not be so willing to share with me.

I'm not ready.

No comments: