Tuesday, March 10, 2009

1 Kid + 1 Virus = 2 Sick Kids

My family is trying to kill me.

Hubs was up until the wee hours of the night working on a presentation. I usually can't go to bed until he does. Since battling insomnia I have a process that must be followed to fall asleep and it requires that I am the last one up reading for at least a few minutes. Stray from the process and I'll be awake for hours. Anyway, we finally got to bed pretty late.

Next, Girlie wandered in at 2:45 AM to tell me she was sweaty. Huh? Oh, um, okay. I stumble out of bed, help her into new jammies, take her temp, and then lay there awake for another hour. Finally I am drooling on my pillow again.

Then Hubs gets up at 5 AM to go in to the office early and finish up some work. I toss and turn, ponder getting up to write, but fall back asleep a half hour later. I jolt awake again within minutes to the sounds of the Little Guy crying before dawn and I can tell from the sound of it, that it can only mean one thing.

Yep, now the Little Guy has it too. The only good news is that Girlie seems to be feeling better today with just a low grade temp and a little cough. Hopefully this is just a little 48 hour bug. And now I don't have to worry about the kids touching each other or mixing up their blankies.

I am so bummed because I had to reschedule a lunch date I had tomorrow and after a few days of playing Nurse Mommy I was really looking forward to it. Looks like my shift isn't quite over.

Oh and did I mention that my first guest arrives tomorrow for a two week visit? Do they make Lysol bombs I can set off in the house?

No comments: