Monday, February 1, 2010

You're not the boss of me now

This morning I got up at 4:45, extra early, to work on some writing I have due this week. By, 5:40 just a half cup of coffee and two paragraphs down, I could already hear Little Guy calling for me. His sleep thing has been all off kilter lately with a few skipped naps and fairly consistent early waking. I can't quite figure it out, but I am pretty sure it has to do with the uptake in potty training. My kids are both really good sleepers until some new milestone comes along and throws everything wonky.

I stopped what I was doing, saved my file and went in to get him. Sometimes I can coax him to stay a little longer, but the fact that I was working towards a deadline was a sure sign that wasn't happening. I decided not to be grumpy about it because the kids just seem to pick up on it and my day only gets worse.

I got him out of bed and we headed to the dark living room for a snuggle and some book reading. He picked out some books, pointed to the chair and told me "You sit there." I laughed and said "Right there?"

"Yes, Momma, it's your job."

Just in case I was confused about that fact.

No comments: