Friday, January 29, 2010

I don't want to

Today I am deeply and profoundly drool on your pillow exhausted. It has been a crazy week and I woke up thinking that I don't want to be the Mom today.

I don't want to make the lunches and dole out the snacks. I don't want to chase the two year-old and listen to the seven year-old go on and on and on - and on, about pencil toppers or anything else, really. I don't want to get up in the middle of the night when someone isn't feeling good. I don't want to make sure everyone has clean underwear or a sweater on or a dry pull-up or a backpack properly packed. I absolutely do not want to let the dog out or refill the water bowl or pick up the toys. I don't want to make breakfast or dinner or a fill a sippy cup or pour a glass of milk or wash and apple. I don't want buckle up car seats or take anyone to a gym class or have a playdate or sweep up the playdough crumbs.

I just don't want to.

No comments: