Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm the DJ, he's the wrapper...

How is it possible, that keeping it simple for the holidays is still so much work? I am sorting the gifts for the kids and wrapping my stuff for hubs today, since he'll be home next week. I am not crazy about projects with scissors and tape, so I will be sticking hubs with wrapping the kids stuff! I noticed that my pile for girlie is twice the size as the one for the little guy. I feel a little bad about it, but not enough to buy more presents. He is only 16 months old and I am thinking he won't notice. Besides, it's kind of hard to spend real money on presents for a kid who can still entertain himself by kicking a bowl around the kitchen. Truth be told, I have been holding back art supplies and things I would have normally bought for the kids (like new slippers) to beef up Christmas a little. It's not that our daily finances have changed that much, but since our nest egg is a little scrambled I feel like we should be more careful...

No comments: