Monday, December 1, 2008

Love me like a rock star

The night before Thankgiving we went to see Coldplay in concert. A friend hooked us up with the best seats in an owner's box just to the right of the stage (thanks Mark). As Chris Martin skipped around the stage wiggling his skinny behind I couldn't help thinking about his relationship with uber goddess and screen royalty Gwyneth Paltrow. She is a gorgeous blond screen icon and he is a scrawny oversized elf of a man. After having been with the likes of Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck, you have to wonder what Chris Martin has got that these other delicious men didn't. But then there he is on stage, ripping out his heart with some of the most profound lyrics and I get it. When he softly sings "I will fix you." I totally get it.
On our way out I asked my husband if men really feel like they sound in rock songs. While most of my friends have great husbands, none of us are feeling the heartfelt romance these days. I said "When he sings, I will fix you, do you ever really feel that way?" He looked at me with a smirk and said "Baby, I quit trying to fix you years ago."

No comments: