Friday, December 12, 2008

Purple rain, puurple raaaain...

I have been fighting the blues for the last few days. Maybe it's the approaching holiday season and the fact that we are so far away from the people we love. I have been wanting to hug my sister in law for a full week now and see her cutie babies. My daughter has been feeling the distance too and asked when we are going "home." I explained that we are home and then immediately felt guilty about moving the kids out west. Could be all the doom and gloom on NPR. Here we go again, no raises in sight, sweating our jobs, and watching our 401 K's fizzle, this time with the added thrill of watching our home values go down along with it. Could be the general state of the world. A very close friend of mine was involved in a car jacking, though thankfully no one was hurt. Things just seem kind of crappy and I feel like I need a good cry. The kind where you close your bedroom door and play Purple Rain over and over feeling sorry for yourself because a boy didn't call. A little melodramatic release of emotion would feel pretty good. I know I have a great deal to be thankful for, a healthy family, a husband with a job, a mortgage I can afford, time to rebuild my retirement, etc. But today, I can't shake the crappies.

No comments: