Monday, February 9, 2009

This one's for the ladies...

My best friend and I recently went to see the movie He's Just Not That Into You. The story is about finding love, and how we ladies like to fool ourselves about men. In one part of the movie, there is a whole montage of things we say to each other like "he probably lost your number" and "he was just intimidated by your success." The men, on the other hand, pretty much meant exactly what they said and just weren't that complicated. While I am light years away from the relationship drama depicted in this movie, I had to laugh anyway. Who can't relate?

However, this whole delusional chick thing is a large part of what makes female friendships so precious. Thank God my gals have said things like "no, really you ARE a great Mom" and "I don't know what you are talking about, you don't look like you've gained a pound." Don't get me wrong, they are willing to pull out a well timed "get over yourself" when absolutely necessary, but for the most part, I know they are in my corner, ready to talk me off a ledge. And I love them for it, even if we both know that what they are saying is almost true. I might not have had the courage to stand up to my family, or demand that promotion, or later start my own business, if I didn't have such a stellar support network.

xoxo to all my girlfriends...

No comments: