Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A guy and a bike

Someone broke into our garage last night. The only thing taken, as far as we can tell, was Hubs' racing bike. It can be replaced, and he really wanted an upgrade anyway, but he's feeling a little rattled. He put a ton of miles on that bike and would have kept it, even if he finally splurged on a new one.

He loved that bike. Not as much as he loves us, but just a smidge less.

And me? I heard the whole thing from my perch on the couch. After tossing and turning for hours last night I decided to sleep out in the living room for a while. A few hours later, I woke up and heard a weird rumble. I wondered why someone was taking out the recycling that early in the morning and I shushed the dog. And then I shifted my position on the couch and thought about how hungry I was, decided to stick to my diet, and eventually fell back asleep.

So it isn't a complete tragedy, no one was hurt, the house was locked, and we were all safe inside it. But still, we're all a little grumpy around here. I am mad at myself for not realizing what was going on. And Hubs is pretty sad that some shadester stole his bike. Really, I think he would have been less upset if they had just made off with the car.


No comments: