Saturday, July 18, 2009

Let them eat pancake!

My girlfriend says that while I am by no means an optimist, I do tend to put a positive spin on things. I expect it to suck (and often enough, it does), but I can give you ten ways that we made the best of it anyway.

So yes, Little Guy bit my friend's daughter, and Girlie has a cranky case of allergies. Yes, we all got swarmed by mosquitoes on a walk the other night racking up about twenty bites between three of us. Yes, my husband has been working like crazy and is, even as I type this, passed out on the couch deliriously tired from a long week. Yes, my kids woke up at 5:30 AM after the one night I stayed out late with my girlfriend.

But then again, the weather has been deliciously cool. It has been amazing to see our friends and hang out in their downtown pad. The parks are fantastic and the kids have been outside way more than if we had stayed in Phoenix this month. And there are pancake houses on every block. I don't know what it is about Chicago and pancakes, but they are everywhere. Who knew?

So yes, travelling with the kids has been full of crazy and downright sucky moments. But when things fall a little flat, we'll just find ourselves a stack of pancakes, pour a little syrup on, and make the best of it.

1 comment:

latisha said...

seriously c, your posts are getting outrageously good.

and lavendar oil for those bites if you can find em. doesn't sting and takes the itch and red right out within ten minutes or so. okay for little guy to. sevi drips in it.