Monday, September 14, 2009

A dingo ate my baby!

Well, not exactly, but a virus did attack my computer.

Yes, I have a recent back up, but I also have a short story contest deadline looming tomorrow so the timing is massively inconvenient. Looks like we got it from the New York Times website and we're not the only ones. I won't link you to the article about it, for obvious reasons.

I have my system mostly disabled and I am in the process of cleaning it up now. Fingers crossed that everything is fine.

** UPDATE **

If a dingo had in fact eaten my baby then let's just say I chased it into the Outback, clubbed it over the head with a large stick, and am now in the process of making a lovely fir jacket from it's hide. Which is another way of saying, my computer is fully restored and I have now resigned myself to reading an actual paper.

(Please note: No live animals were harmed during the making of this post. All references to animals are purely fictional and solely for the the amusement of a certain mental mother.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

This was hilarious only because you are nicer to know than that Karen lady in the Outback who actually supposedly FED her kid to the dingo.