Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Half Ironwoman

Hubs is signing up for a half Ironman in California this spring. The race is comprised of a 1.2 mile swim, followed by a 56 mile bike ride, finally ending in a 13.1 mile run. I don't know why they stick that last .1 mile on, but, whatever, it isn't even the full Ironman and it's still a bad-ass race. He'll have to step up his training a little, particularly on the bike since the course has a killer hill at around mile 30.

Me?

Well, I'll need to get in shape too. It just happens coincide with Girlie's spring break, so we'll probably spend the week on vacation in California after the race. There will be umpteen hours of planning and packing for the various warm, cold, cloudy, rainy, foggy, muggy days we are sure to experience during the end of March. There will be beach chairs and coolers to haul through the sand, all while sucking in my stomach until I can't breathe. There will be kids to wrangle into swimsuits or zip into sweatshirts. There will be half jammed corks to wrestle from bottles of wine once the kiddos are tucked in for the night.

Yep, if I am going to be ready. I'd better start now.

Think I'll work on that cork thing first.

No comments: