Thursday, September 24, 2009

New math

Did you know that 1 + 1 = 10?

This week having two kids is kicking my butt a little. The worst of it seems to be just before dinner, when I am trying to help Girlie with her homework, and Little Guy is acting like a total two year old.

I know I should be able to guide her through second grade math, but my late-in-the-day foggy brain has a hard time focusing. There is the dinner which is probably seconds away from burning on the stove. The little boy who is determined to run circles around it all. The girl who just needs five seconds of my attention. And me, struggling to understand what the "right side rule" is referring to on her math homework. Add all of that up, and you get what I like to call the insanity hour.

When we had our kids five years apart, I thought I had it all figured out. That it would be easier to juggle them because of the age difference.

Then again I have always been a little stumped by long division.

No comments: