Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mommy's Law

We have a little thing around here that I like to call Mommy's Law. This shouldn't be confused with Murphy's Law, which states that anything that can go wrong, will. This is also true for anyone with kids, but doesn't quite take it to the next level.

Mommy's Law is my personal adage that anything that can get worse, will, and usually right after you complain about it.

Take for example my son's recent desire to wake up before or a least just immediately after dawn. The other day my husband and I were discussing it.

"Did you notice how early Little Guy woke up today?" Hubs asked.

"Unmhmmm." I replied while sipping my third cup of coffee.


"Wasn't it like six o'clock?" He continued. "What's up with that?"


"It could always be worse." I said, trying to ward of the bad mojo we were sure to experience after daring to grumble about the situation.


And sure enough, a few days later, he woke up at 5:30 AM. Suddenly, 6:00 AM was looking fabulous.

Mommy's Law strikes again.

1 comment:

latisha said...

im stealing this. so true. maybe it will help me not be so cynical.