Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Popcorn and pimples

Hubs is out of town this week and most of next too, so it is just me and kids. Most of the time we eat dinner as a family, but when he is traveling, I often make simple kid friendly chow, like grilled cheese and soup, and eat by myself after the kids go to bed.

My favorite snack/dinner to eat by myself is popcorn. It must be popped on the stove in my Whirley Pop pan with real canola oil and then sprinkled with sea salt. It cannot be microwave popcorn. It cannot, under any circumstances, be air popped. When I am feeling a little crazy, I add a dash of melted butter. The only problem is, when I eat it buttered I swear I wake up the next morning with a pimple on my face! At thirty-six years old, the pimple-wrinkle combo is just too much.


The other night after the kids were in bed I kept thinking about making some popcorn for myself. I got busy folding laundry and checking email and put it off, all the while thinking I might have some. Eventually, it got too late and I just went to bed.

The next morning I woke up with a pimple. Which can only mean one of two things:

1. There is no relationship between the buttered popcorn eating and the pimply skin.

2. If I even THINK of the buttery popcorn, my face breaks out.

No comments: