Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Taking a puff of parenthood

Sleep, which was once something that I never thought of, has now become a vague future goal, like returning to work in a few years or getting a Master's degree. Between Little Guy waking up at 5:30 AM and my inability to fall asleep, I am skating by on just a hair over four hours of rest today.

While I tell myself I can get away with it, I know that my brain does not function properly. I am spaced out, forgetful and slightly delayed in my reactions, kind of like I have indulged in a certain fragrant herb, but without the munchies. Not that I can remember what that felt like, at this point.

1 comment:

latisha said...

again with the laughing. at this point my daughter is laughing too just to join the fun.

such a great description of what it feels like -- not that i remember it either.