Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Babies

So recently we're in the car and Girlie announces that she isn't having babies. Ever.

I wonder if it has to do with her little brother and what a pain he can be. I worry about the age difference between them and try to decide whether I should have given in and just had Little Guy a little earlier. I wonder if Little Guy would have been Little Guy if I HAD had him earlier. I think about whether Girlie wants to be just like her aunt, my husband's sister, who has said the same thing. I wonder if my sis-in law will ever change her mind about that. I wonder if it would bother me if my daughter never had a baby.

For ten seconds, I think about all of these things.

But most of all, I am a little surprised by it. She is a girlie-girl who loves her baby dolls. I was the same way and I can't remember a time when I didn't want tons of babies. That is, until after I had my first one. Then I wasn't so sure.

I ask her why and she explains that she doesn't want to get married. Because boys are, you know, eeeewww.

And then the crazy thoughts clear and I think...

Yes they are, honey.

Yes they are.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Little Girlie's a genius!

Linda Pressman said...

My daughter also says she never wants to develop or get her period. I can't really stop any of that from happening, can I?